How Smart Touchless Solutions Help Prevent Virus Spread in Car Parks
Locations such as car parks are unavoidably public and contact heavy situations. Shutting down car parks is not an option despite the government-mandated shutdowns. Why? They need to serve essential workers. With many communities starting to open up, these common areas should also be made safer for people who will drive and park their cars.
Are you worried about the spread of viruses in your parking areas? With the current global pandemic, it’s time to incorporate touchless technologies to your car park access control system. Not only do they make powerful tools for handling entry and access points for vehicles, but they are also cost-effective ways of minimising the risk of virus contagion in parking spaces.
Touching buttons when entering a car park or queuing at pay stations is not only inconvenient for customers but the requirement for increased disinfection measures for car park operators is costly and time-consuming.
What Are Some of the Different Touchless Solutions for Car Parks?
The addition of resource saving touchless technology and remote-based solutions that can be instantly integrated into existing access control systems can satisfy current safety requirements making consumers feel safe because they require little-to-no physical interaction while parking. These alternatives can take many forms and transform your process into a digital parking system.
- Virtual and Auto-dispensed Tickets. When everyone worries about touching a surface loaded with germs, virtual or auto-dispensed tickets may be the answer. Motion sensors can be installed, and then waving hello will let you get a ticket without touching any screen. You won’t need to push buttons to take tickets and reinsert them at a pay station or exit.
- Mobile Applications. Mobile apps can also generate virtual tickets, which avoid the need of touching buttons or payment-generating equipment. They remove the hassle of managing manual payments and make the transactions touch free.
- RFID Parking. designed to efficiently control the entrance and exit gates of parking facilities RFID readers permit vehicles to enter or exit the car park without human intervention. Instead of swiping an ID card or pushing numbers on a keypad, all one has to do is approach the gate, where RFID readers will authenticate the vehicle and allow it to pass through.
How Do Touchless Access Control Solutions in Car Parks Differ from Traditional Parking Systems?
What is an innovation if it doesn’t make things better? Here are reasons why touchless solutions can help you overcome today’s challenge on viruses.
- Contactless. Using contactless access control technologies in your car park provides quick and convenient access without the need for human interaction at the point of entry or exit. And that’s a great way of satisfying your customers; they will have greater confidence with your systems.
- No Aggressive Cleaning Required. Sanitation is a high priority nowadays, and in traditional car parks there are many touchpoints where cleaning is necessary -entry and exit points, ticket vending machines, door handles, buttons and payment machines. With people using them all day, frequent cleaning is necessary. When no-touch access control systems are in place this reduces the risk of contaminated surfaces.
- Automated. Using a combination of hands-free access control, on-line booking and automated management systems, you can manage your car parking facility remotely. Cashless transactions and the minimal staffing requirements reduces administration costs while minimising exposure for both consumers and employees to potential contamination.
- Licence Plate Recognition. Now a common feature in major shopping centre car parks, licence plate recognition controls and enforces timed parking limit policies. , the system permits fast, hands-free car park access, minimising congestion and providing expedient entry/exit flow at parking gates.
- Facial Recognition. An effective method of improving public safety, similar to licence plate recognition, authorised access is achieved without the need for cards or other forms of identity. The advantage of facial recognition is the ability to manage access by individuals driving the vehicle rather than the vehicle itself.
Innovations in boom gate design making it all possible
Enabling the implementation of these modern access control technologies are new hi-tech automated boom gates which have evolved to become smaller, smarter, faster and tougher – Rotech boom gate range feature:
- Fast, precise speed control; making entry and exit a breeze
- Automated access control; boom gates compatible with all access control systems and validation methods including; key card, ticket, cash or credit card payment, number plate or facial recognition software
- Higher security; intelligent control panel software manages illegal entry and exit. Preventing tailgating and car theft as offenders are unable to get in and out of the car park without validation.
- Superior safety sensing capability protecting people and vehicles.
Would you like to make your transition to touch-free systems easy? Create a touch-free and contactless transaction for your clients, staff members, and tenants. Contact Rotech to find out more about access control products that can improve your traffic flow and parking operational processes without the risk of contracting viruses. Call (07) 3205 1123 today.
“How Coronavirus Is Shifting Strategies for Parking Garages.” Facilitiesnet, 26 June 2020, www.facilitiesnet.com/facilitiesmanagement/article/How-Coronavirus-is-Shifting-Strategies-for-Parking-Garages–18950.
“Remove the Touch, Reduce the Risk With Your Parking.” Parking Network, 31 Mar. 2020, www.parking-net.com/parking-news/advam/remove-the-touch-reduce-the-risk-in-parking.
“RFID Parking Management System.” Litum, litumrfid.com/rfid-parking-management-system. Accessed 18 Feb. 2021.